Event Information - Saturday, June 3, 2017
- Entries open to youth 8-12 years old on January 1, 2017.
- No more than three steers and three heifers per exhibitor. With multiple entries, the owner must show one animal in each class.
- No breed designations. Heifers will be shown as commercial breeding stock. No separate breed classes.
- Steers will be weighed. Birth dates of heifers must be provided. Steer classes will be determined by weight and heifer classes by birth date.
- Entry fee - $10.00 per head. Entries received at the Chamber after May 30, 2017 will pay a late fee of $10.00 per head.
- No entries accepted without entry fee paid. NO REFUNDS! Pay online or bring check payable to Aberdeen Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Arrive NO EARLIER THAN 7:30 a.m. at Brown County Fairgrounds.
- Use Gate B or Gate C to the Fairgrounds and check in at the registration trailer before proceeding to stalling or weigh-in areas.
- All entries will be weighed between 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. Entries not weighed by 11:00 a.m. will not be allowed to show.
- Show time is following the lamb show.
- Fitting is limited to clipping, washing and blow-drying. No other activity will be permitted! Towel rule will be in effect. Each entry will be toweled upon entering the ring.
- STEERS AND HEIFERS MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A HEALTH CERTIFICATE PRIOR TO UNLOADING. Heifers must be Brucellosis vaccinated.
- Grand Champion Steer receives $75 cash award. Reserve Champion receives $50.00. This is in addition to class winnings.
- Grand Champion Heifer receives $75.00 cash award. Reserve Champion receives $50.00. This is in addition to class winnings.
- All decisions of the show committee and judge are final.
- Show committee and Aberdeen Area Chamber of Commerce are not responsible for accidents.
- Bedding: wood chips only. Roughcut will be provided. Other chips must be supplied by the exhibitor and all bedding removed at the conclusion of the show.
- A $20 STALL FEE PER HEAD WILL BE ASSESSED DAY OF SHOW AND REFUNDED WHEN THE EXHIBITOR’S AREA IS CLEAN. This fee is charged regardless of whether you are stalling inside or outside. You are responsible for letting show personnel know you are leaving and want your stall inspected. Ask for Lance Vilhauer. ** Please write a separate check for stall fees.
- NO PARKING, STALLING OR FITTING ON THE GRASS.
Registrations must be received at the Chamber by end of business on May 30, 2017. Any registrations after this date or day of the event will incur a late fee expense which is double the entry fee.
- To complete online registration, click HERE.
- To download registration form to print and fill out, click HERE.
No entry will be eligible without payment, however you can register your animals and make payment the day of the event. All payments made to the Aberdeen Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Make Payment Online HERE.
- Mail Check with Registration Form to: Aberdeen Area Chamber of Commerce, Attn: NPLD, PO Box 1179, Aberdeen, SD 57402-1179
- Submit Registration Form online or by mail and bring payment along day of event.