Progress Steer & Heifer Show
1. Entries open to anyone age 8-21.
2. No more than three steers and three heifers per exhibitor.
3. Heifers will be shown by breed . All other heifers will show as commercial heifers.
4. Birth dates of Heifers must be provided.
5. Steers classes will be weighed, and determined by breed and weight. Heifer Class determined by breed and birth date.
6. Entry fee - $20.00 per head. Entries received after May 31, 2016 will pay a late fee of $20.00 per head.
7. No entries accepted without entry fee paid. NO REFUNDS! Make check payable to Aberdeen Area Chamber of Commerce.
8. Unloading time NO EARLIER THAN 7:00 a.m., June 4, 2016 at Brown County Fairgrounds unless approved by show committee. SEE #13.
9. Steers weighed and heifers entered between 9:00-10:30 a.m. on Saturday, June 4, 2016.
10. All entries close at 10:30 a.m., June 4, 2016.
11. Showtime immediately following the No Fit Division, approximately 2:00 p.m., June 4, 20156.
12. Fitting is optional. All entries are required to lead and tie.
13. STEERS AND HEIFERS MUST BE PRESENTED BY A HEALTH CERTIFICATE PRIOR TO UNLOADING. Heifers must be brucellosis vaccinated.
14. Grand Champion steer receives $400 cash award & jacket. Reserve Champion receives $200 & jacket. This is in addition to class winnings.
15. Grand Champion heifer receives $400 cash award & jacket. Reserve Champion receives $200 & jacket. This is in addition to class winnings.
16. All decisions of the show committee and judge are final.
17. Show committee and the Aberdeen Area Chamber of Commerce are not responsible for accidents.
18. Bedding, wood chips only, rough cuts will be provided. Other chips must be supplied by the exhibitor and all bedding removed at the conclusion of the show. A $20 STALL FEE PER ENTRY WILL BE ASSESSED DAY OF SHOW AND REFUNDED WHEN THE EXHIBITOR’S AREA IS CLEAN. **Please write a separate check for stall fees. If you’re stalling in trailers, you must be on a hard surface and it’s your responsibility to know when you’re supposed to be in the ring.
19. No fitting of animals or parking on the grass will be allowed.
20 Showmanship will immediately follow the beef show.
To print this information, click HERE.
Registrations must be received at the Chamber by end of business on May 31st. Any registrations after this date or day of the event will incur a late fee expense which is double the entry fee.
- To complete online registration, click HERE.
- To download registration form to print and fill out, click HERE.
No entry will be eligible without payment, however you can register your animals and make payment the day of the event. All payments made to the Aberdeen Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Make Payment Online HERE.
- Mail Check with Registration Form to: Aberdeen Area Chamber of Commerce, Attn: PLD,PO Box 1179, Aberden, SD 57402-1179.
- Submit Registration Form online or by mail and bring payment along day of event.