With many businesses, schools, churches and more closing due to the threat of COVID-19, the Aberdeen Area Chamber of Commerce has compiled the following list of available resources, helpful links and information on area event and business cancellations. Our main concern is to that you have the information you need to protect yourself, your family and your business,
SMALL ACT-BIG IMPACT INITIATIVE
The Aberdeen Area Chamber of Commerce and South Dakota Retailer’s Association have teamed up to create the Small Act – Big Impact initiative in Aberdeen. This was created to support our community in a time when our friends and neighbors need extra encouragement. It is also an effort to help our small businesses in any way we can. A list of support tasks has been created and can be found HERE. People are asked to choose a task, take a photo doing so and either posting to their Facebook or Instagram account with the hashtags #LiveLocal57401, #VisitAberdeenSD and #SupportSoDak. If they are supporting a business, they are asked to tag that business, too. As an alternative, to get around privacy settings, people can comment on the original posts on Facebook and Instagram under Aberdeen Area Chamber of Commerce. Posts will be chosen at random to received prizes including gift cards from dozens of local businesses, Aberdeen SD water bottles, #LiveLocal57401 water bottles and South Dakota Retailers Association items.
Avera: Individuals who utilize Avera facilities for their health care and feel they may have been exposed to COVID-19 or who are displaying symptoms are asked to call: 1-877-AT-AVERA (1-877-282-8372) or their primary healthcare providers office.
Sanford: Individuals who utilize Sanford facilities for their health care and feel they may have been exposed to COVID-19 or who are displaying symptoms are asked to: Call your local clinic or log into MyChart to utilize Sanford’s e-visit option.
South Dakota Department of Health or call 1-800-997-2880.
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) has activated the Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) program in South Dakota. This program is designed to help eligible businesses and non-profits impacted by COVID-19. Affected small businesses and non-profits need to download, complete, and submit this SBA EIDL Worksheet and Instructions to expedite activation of the EIDL program. Completed forms may be submitted by email to email@example.com. Please note, this initial survey form is not a SBA loan application. When the EIDL program is activated, businesses will be contacted to apply directly to the SBA.
- Online Chamber Webinars with various topics
- The Department of Labor and Regulation (DLR) and South Dakota Retailers Association (SDRA) are providing a free webinar on Friday, March 27 at 10 a.m. DLR Secretary Marcia Hultman will be providing information on unemployment insurance as it relates to COVID-19 layoffs and closures.Register online at https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/911428474991959819. If you have difficulty, email firstname.lastname@example.org your first and last name, name of business or agency, city and state.
ABERDEEN AND BROWN COUNTY RESOURCES
Chamber and Community Meeting and Event Postponements:
- March 28, 2020 - Roncalli Ball - rescheduled to May 8, 2020
- March 30, 2020 - Pins for Paws Bowling Tournament
- April 17, 2020 - Northern SD Chapter of Pheasants Forever Banquet
- April 18, 2020 - Boys and Girls Club Winefest Renaissance - rescheduled to October 3, 2020
Chamber and Community Meeting and Event Cancellations:
- March 27, 2020 - Edge Event at he Aberdeen Wings Game
- March 31, 2020 - Lamont Rhodes Lecture at NSU
- April 1, 2020 - Chamber’s Health & Wellness Committee Meeting
- April 2, 2020 - Chamber’s Community Affairs Luncheon
- April 4, 2020 - Knight for a Princess
- April 9, 2020 - Community Prayer Breakfast
- April 9-11, 2020 - Shrine Circus