There is no better investment for a business or professional firm than membership in the Aberdeen Area Chamber of Commerce. We work to connect member businesses in Aberdeen and across the county. Acting as the voice for Aberdeen business for 135 years, the Chamber represents over 650 members.
Membership ObjectivesWe will further strengthen our relationships with members by increasing interaction, communicating benefits of membership, and providing education on issues affecting them. With that in mind, here are the objectives for 2019.
- Engage with Human Resource Professionals on employee recruitment and retention efforts
Implement online webinars utilizing local members and national sources.
Organizational ObjectivesWe continuously work to evaluate our organization and its events, efforts, programs, and committees to meet the needs of our membership and the community. For 2019 we will:
- Implement Procedure Manuals for all Chamber committees, programs, and events;
- Evaluate and update all Chamber media and printed marketing materials and publications;
- Reconnect with Leadership Aberdeen alumni for new alumni event and volunteer involvement;
- Continue evaluation of current investment structure based on benefits received and number of employees; and
- Continue evaluating Chamber facilities and location to ensure we are meeting needs of the organization and membership.
Community Development ObjectivesWe will champion our community’s successes and support issues and opportunities that will improve our community’s quality of life while enhancing the growth and development of our region. In 2019 we will:
- Develop new community branding through City Marketing dollars;
- Develop “Come Back Home” campaign utilizing university alumni and targeting working commuters;
- Increase engagement and interaction with PC and NSU college students through invitations to Business After Hours events, EDGE events, Collegepalooza, etc.; and
Increase promotion of Chamber For Good Site to increase number of organizations utilizing site and increasing the number of citizens using site to volunteer or give back to the community.
Committees/Task Force ObjectivesIn an effort to increase volunteer engagement and outreach to our Members, the Aberdeen Area Chamber of Commerce has established 9 volunteer committees and 2 task forces for 2019. Any employee of a member business is welcome to join any committee, unless noted, without any obligation, and your level of participation is up to you. An annual planning retreat where measurable goals and priorities are established will be set for January 2019.
- EDGE Task Force- Explore. Discover. Grow. Engage. The mission of the task force is to assist Chamber staff with the development of local educational and networking activities and events targeted at young professionals and start-up entrepreneurs
- Tiered Dues Task Force -The task force will research and develop a new tier system of dues which incorporates Chamber benefits including those recently added with Chamber Master including Advertising, Job Listings, Hot Deals, Member to Member benefits, etc.
- Agribusiness Committee -The mission of the Agribusiness Committee is to promote agriculture as a major segment of the local economy, to address and educate the membership on issues important to agriculture, to unite and network groups through ag-related programs and events, and to recognize outstanding achievements in agriculture.
- Ambassador Committee -The mission of the Committee is to promote a positive community image and serve as goodwill ambassadors at Chamber and community functions such as ribbon cuttings, new business openings, ground breakings, business relocations, and other networking events. (Committee selection done on a nomination basis). The Ambassadors also host the Community Champions Awards Luncheon.
- Community Affairs Committee -The mission of the committee is to open a dialogue and provide education on a broad range of issues which affect the business community; increase communication and collaboration between business and governmental entities; break down barriers; and advocate to elected officials on the local, state and federal levels.
- Diplomat Committee -The mission of the Diplomat Committee is to strengthen membership engagement and retention by visiting current members and facilitating communication to and from members, helping to identify member concerns, and garnering support for the Chamber. (Committee selection is done on a nomination basis). The committee also facilitates the annual ABBY Awards program and raises scholarship funds for the Leadership Aberdeen program.
- Health & Wellness Committee -The mission of the Health & Wellness Committee is to implement business-healthcare partnerships and programs to promote workplace wellness and inspire healthy lifestyle choices through education and initiatives. The committee also produces an annual Health and Wellness Directory for the community.
- Military & Veterans Committee -The mission of the Military & Veterans Committee is to promote a positive working relationship among the community, employers and area military and veterans’ groups while heightening awareness of the military and veteran presence and needs in the community.
- Partners in Community Pride Committee -The purpose of the Partners in Community Pride Committee is to coordinate projects that serve to beautify the community and enhance our quality of life; educate the public on related issues which affect them such as regulations, codes, and new efforts; and to recognize and promote business and community development projects.
- Transportation Committee -The Transportation Committee is the Chamber’s primary business voice on transportation issues of importance locally, regionally, and nationally. The committee meets monthly to gather information from transportation experts in all areas of transportation including ground, rail, and air; analyze the information presented and determine how the Aberdeen Chamber can have an impact; and to share pertinent information with business people in the community.
- Workforce & Education Committee -The mission of the Workforce & Education Committee is to facilitate, and support activities related to business-education partnerships, youth engagement and workforce recruitment and retention. The committee also addresses educational and training needs of the business community.