Event Information - Saturday, June 3, 2017
- Limited to 4 head per exhibitor. One goat must be shown by exhibitor in each class.
- Weights of goats must be between 20-80 pounds.
- Breeding meat goats will be split by age according to SDJPSA rules. Market meat goats will be split by sex and weight.
- Entry fee is $15.00 per head. Entries received after May 30, 2017 will pay a late fee of $15.00 per head.
- No entries accepted without entry fee paid. NO REFUNDS. Pay online or make checks payable to the Aberdeen Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Arrive no earlier than 7:30 a.m. at the Brown County Fairgrounds.
- Use Gate B or Gate C to the Fairgrounds and check in at the registration trailer before proceeding to stalling or weigh-in areas.
- All entries will be weighed between 7:45 a.m and 9:00 a.m. Goats not weighed by 9:00 a.m. will not be allowed to show.
- Show time is 10:00 a.m.
- ALL GOATS MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A HEALTH CERTIFICATE THAT INCLUDES THE USDA SYMBOL SCRAPIE TAG IN THE GOAT’S EAR AND LISTED ON THE HEALTH CERTIFICATE.
- Division Champions will be the top two goats in each weight class. First place goat will receive $20 cash award. Second place goat will receive $15 cash award.
- Grand Champion Goat receives $300.00 cash award & camp chair. Reserve Champion receives $200 cash award and jacket. This is in addition to class winnings.
- All decisions of the show committee and judge are final.
- Show committee and the Aberdeen Area Chamber of Commerce are not responsible
- Bedding: wood chips only. Roughcut will be provided. Other chips must be supplied by the exhibitor and all bedding removed at the conclusion of the show.
- A $10 STALL FEE PER HEAD WILL BE ASSESSED DAY OF SHOW AND REFUNDED WHEN THE EXHIBITOR’S AREA IS CLEAN. This fee is charged regardless of whether or not you are stalling inside or outside. You are responsible for letting show personnel know you are leaving and want your stall inspected. Ask for Lance Vilhauer. **Please write a separate check for stall fees.
- ALL GOATS MUST BE A CURRENT YEAR 2017 PROJECT.
- NO PARKING OR STALLING ON THE GRASS.
- NO ALTERATION OF GOATS WILL BE PERMITTED.
- NO DANGLING.
Registrations must be received at the Chamber by end of business on May 30, 2017. Any registrations after this date or day of the event will incur a late fee expense which is double the entry fee.
- To complete online registration, click HERE.
- To download registration form to print and fill out, click HERE.
No entry will be eligible without payment, however you can register your animals and make payment the day of the event. All payments made to the Aberdeen Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Make Payment Online HERE.
- Mail Check with Registration Form to: Aberdeen Area Chamber of Commerce, Attn: NPLD, PO Box 1179, Aberdeen, SD 57402-1179
- Submit Registration Form online or by mail and bring payment along day of event.